Friday, March 14, 2008



I was looking forward for this spring break for a long time. It will be my final break before I enter the working world, no doubt I must plan it the best. I am glad I am enjoying it to the fullest.

I flew into Chicago on March 8th. I expected Chicago to be cold, windy and my most favorite of all snowing. To my surprise it was below my expectation. I could just walk around with a pair of jeans, a tee & a coat. Living in Arizona is exactly the same as Singapore. There are only 2 kinds of weather sunny and rainy, but of course Arizona is most of the time sunny. Barely do I see a single raindrop throughout the year.

On March 11th, my brother and I drove to Bloomington, Indiana. There's nothing much to say about that state. I could only say one word....boring. The trees indeed looked like from the film, sleepy hallow. There wasn't any leaves growing on it. Its bald! I have no idea how these trees lived without leaves or sunlight. At night, you could see them showering around you with multiple fingerings of a creepy monster. eeeeee

March 14th, we drove off early, grabbed our breakfast at subway and headed back to Chicago. On the way back, we were lost twice. Somehow we were lost at a black community at both Indiana state and Illinois state. My brother kept telling me to keep a look out as these places are the worst places to get lost. These areas were high in both poverty and crime rates.
We reached Chicago around 1.30pm. At 2pm, I was out but myself exploring "Windy Chicago". I took the CTA train from Cermak to Monroe which is at State St. I walked to Millennium park, passing by Michigan ave and Chicago Art Institute. After a while I got a little bored of the art artifacts, so I took a personal challenge of walking from Millennium park to Navy Pier. Damm, it was great experience. A one to one experience with nature. Lake Michigan was still frozen up, but you couldn't feel the chill from the windiness. It was simply perfect. The weather was excellent and I was loving it. After my walk back to the station, I stopped by a shoe store called "Payless Shoes". The store name surely didnt prove me wrong. I walked out with a brand new pair of sneakers for only 9 bucks. hell yeah, you cant get this deal anywhere for sure.


Anyway I left 2 more nights in Chicago, hopefully it will be just as exciting as today. Peace :)

No comments: